Our sedentary, stressful life demands us to eat quality food. That’s why eating miraculously nutritious fruits like oranges regularly in our diet becomes vital and mandatory.
Orange is one of the finest fruits and gifts of nature. It is a rich source of protective food ingredients like Vitamin A, B , C and Calcium. Its also rich in minerals. Oranges keeps us strong, healthy and contributes towards healthy body and long life. Thus importance and benefits of eating oranges can only be emphasized and highligted as follows:
- Fights Cancer: As oranges are rich in Vitamin C, they contains antioxidants which helps fight cancer in general and particularly gives some protection of cancers from mouth, skin, lung, breast, stomach and colon.
- Rich in Fibre: Oranges are an excellent source of dietary fiber.
- Recommended for heart disease :Oranges are an excellent source of nutrition for problems related to cardiovascular disease. Orange juice sweetened with honey is highly recommended and advisable for heart patients who have chronic cardiac conditions like coronary ischaemia and infarctioon. Besides, it is a safe energy producing liquid.
- Lowers cholesterol level : Eating oranges regularly have found to be useful for lowering cholesterol level in the blood.
- Lowers Blood Pressure : Oranges have also found to have the capacity to lower the high blood pressure level when taken regularly.
- Diabetes: Intake of oranges regularly prevents diabetes.
- Ailments for Children: Orange juice is a substitute for children who refuse to drink milk as it is a rich source of calcium. Besides orange juice is an excellent food for infants who are not fed on breast milk.
- Bones and Teeth: As oranges are rich in calcium and vitamins, it is a valuable source of nutrition for bones and teeth. Dr. Harke, a Chicago physician claimed to have cured many patients of pyorrhea and dental caries by giving them orange juice in large amounts.
- Kidney Stones: Oranges when included regularly in our diet have found to remove and sweep away the kidney stones.
- Constipation: As oranges are rich in fibre, it is very beneficial in the treatment of constipation. Eating oranges at bedtime and again on rising in the morning is one of the best way to stimulating bowel action.
- Orange juice is an effective remedy for tuberculosis, asthma, common cold, fevers, bronchitis and other conditions of cough associated with difficult expectorations.
That's why the importance of eating oranges regularly either as a whole or in the form of juice should not be underestimated.